Thursday, January 7, 2010

Seeds of Opportunity


"It's 2010 and I don't have a hoverboard?"

Now, that right there is one of my favorite responses to the New Year...

Aside of ambitious goals, many to be faltered without much restraint, or pursuits one could make any time of the year, I have made a decision. A decision that is not to be mistaken with any standard resolution. I have decided to live this year!

I realized by the end of this past year that I really lost grasp with myself. I lost my faith, interests, and a large part of my identity [aside of mama]. And, of course... as the ever so trite expression goes, "when mama's happy, everyone's happy." We'll just ignore the depth of the problem for now and acknowledge a significant time of a determined transition.

My desire is solely TO live. To experience life at this season of my life. With my husband, two children, putrid dogs [jk :)], and this home with endless repairs on it's list... I have so much ahead of me. What I was lacking was the appropriate mental perspective. Thank you God, for providing me that insight and guidance.


Re-discovery is all around my home right now. I'm taking the time to investigate and appreciate life. I want to cherish and value it as I once had. Aside of the marvels of life my children present, I've taken a great liking to plants. The plants that have become part of the family are constant reminders. It's amazing what a little seed is capable of accomplishing... with a little water, hidden away for just a day, a seed sprouts - tripling in size. All of that LIFE in a simple seed... And that seed is capable of growing with some tender care.

Rather than tossing away all of the seeds in my life, I want to nurture them. I am ready to give them the care they need to blossom into whatever marvels God intends. I am prepared for all of my seeds of opportunity. I am ready to live this gift.




2 comments:

  1. i love how you write. you always sound so great. jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just read your comment...why don't you email me and I'll send you a copy of the book

    kristenwrites@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete